Monday, November 26, 2012

The Buley Safari


The trip to the library was actually very informative. I had never been in the library until that point. I am sure I’ll be there more often though next semester because I won’t have mandatory academic study hall through the athletic department. It will lie solely on me to make the right decisions and fit in my own study time. I think the most interesting thing I found out about the library is that it has librarians dedicated to each graduate program. I personally think that is essential to the success of students because it makes the process of finding books you need for your major that much easier.
            The library also has a vast amount of resources for finding information that has been pure reviewed. Pure reviewed articles are extremely important when it comes to writing papers. I learned that firsthand while at Millbrook because I had to write a lot of research papers that required sources to be cited properly. If you look up articles on Google, you aren’t guaranteed every time to get the author for the article because the article either has multiple authors, or was written by an individual who writes for the website itself. When you go through a libraries peer reviewed search engine, most of the time they already have the article cited for referencing purposes which makes your job just that much easier.  Plus from personal experience, search engines that bring up pure reviewed literature is a lot more reliable that your standard Google search.
            The article I found at the library had to do with finding correlations between group and individual autonomy. The author wanted to know if people portray more positive behavior when demonstrating autonomy in a group activity or working individually. The article more or less came to the conclusion that autonomy is more self driven because of the fact that self reliance is driven more by what you have to offer. When you are in a group setting, you are more likely to put off on others when you could easily accomplish.

Works Cited- Jønsson, T., & Jeppesen, H. (2013). Under the influence of the team? An investigation of the relationships between team autonomy, individual autonomy and social influence within teams. International Journal Of Human Resource Management, 24(1), 78-93. doi:10.1080/09585192.2012.672448

No comments:

Post a Comment